The Kite Runner project offers a hands-on video editing workshop on artistic and technical fundamentals, including in-depth exploration of non-linear video editing and compositing of time-based media.
Instructor: Franz Schubert (University of Applied Arts Vienna)
Location: Postane Istanbul
The physical workshop is open for everyone.
The participation is free of charge.
Dates: August 25/26/28/
Friday, August 25th, 14:00, 4 hours:
- Digital media formats, frame rate considerations, compression methods, transcoding.
- User interface, media acquisition.
- Montage and trimming techniques, transitions.
- Compositing, keying.
- Proxy Workflow.
Saturday, August 26th, 14:00, 4 hours:
- Tracking and stabilization techniques.
- Video filter.
- Masks and Mattes, multi-camera workflow.
- Color correction, color grading, video effects.
Sunday, August 27th, 14:00, 4 hours:
- Time-remapping, still frames, graphic overlays, .psd workflow.
- Audio workflow, overdubs, mixing and mastering audio.
- Captions, subtitles.
- Render Setup for Production and Distribution Formats.
Software: Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, Adobe Media Encoder 2022.
To participate in the workshop:
- No previous knowledge or skills are required, as the workshop caters to participants of all levels, from beginners to advanced students.
- Basic English language skills are a plus.
- Exiled media workers or media enthusiasts from Afghanistan are the preferred participants.
- If possible, please bring your laptop with at least 20 GB available hard disk space and headphones.
After the successful participation in the course, the participants will get a certificate about their participation.
Please register below